We Put Our Patients at Ease
Enjoy comfortable, reliable dentistry of the highest quality.
Dental Implants in Charlotte NC
No one wants to live with severely damaged or missing teeth. With the help of dental implants, you don’t have to. At Dentistry On Monroe in Charlotte, NC, you can achieve a beautiful, healthy, functional smile once again with natural-looking, durable dental implants. Here’s everything you should know about how dental implants could improve your quality of life and oral health before scheduling your free consultation with Dr. Turner and his friendly team.
Overview of Dental Implants
Dental implants are used to replace a missing tooth’s root. They are composed of titanium, screw-shaped posts that can replace one, several, or all of one’s missing teeth. Because dental implants are inserted into a person’s jaw bone, they are a permanent restorative dental treatment and offer superior long-term results, including their natural esthetics, durability, and functionality.
The best candidate for dental implants would be a person who has good oral health habits as well as enough available jawbone to support the implant. With excellent oral health habits at home and routine dental check-ups every six months, dental implants have been known to last a lifetime.
Unlike traditional dentures or a dental bridge, dental implants offer many benefits, including:
- Natural appearance (no one will know that your implants are not your own teeth)
- Convenient (as easy to care for as your own teeth)
- Comfortable (no sliding, shifting, or adjusting)
- Durable (they can last decades without having to be replaced)
Types of Teeth Implants
At Dentistry On Monroe, we offer the most popular and successful dental implant, known as an endosteal implant. :
These implants are inserted into thejawbone. Over time, the implant and bone will fuse together, providing a strong foundation for an abutment and dental crown to eventually be attached.
There are other types of dental implants that are used in cases where insufficient bone exists for an endosteal implant. These include subperiosteal implants, and zygomatic implants. If you and Dr. Turner find that these are more appropriate to replace your teeth, your care will be coordinated by Dr. Turner along with one of his trusted specialists in the area.
Dental Implant Procedure
- Dr. Turner will examine your mouth and create a personalized treatment plan based on your mouth’s condition and needs. He will digitally scan your teeth and plan the ideal location for your dental implant, using the latest technology to make a surgical guide to ensure correct positioning during the surgery.
- During the implant procedure, he will first remove any remaining tooth. Then, he will insert the implant into the socket of the missing tooth root. It will take anywhere from 4-6 months for the implant and bone to fuse together and heal completely.
- Once your jaw and gums have healed, the abutment can be attached to the implant, followed by a dental crown that is made from a scan of the implant position.
Cost of Dental Implants
The cost of your dental implant procedure will depend on how many teeth implants you need as well as what type of dental insurance you have. For more information about the cost of implants or your dental insurance plan, please contact our Charlotte dental office.
Dentistry on Monroe: The Best Choice of Dental Implants
If you’re tired of living with severely damaged, decayed, or missing teeth, Dentistry on Monroe is here to help you restore the beauty, function, and health of your smile. With teeth implants, you can confidently share your smile with the world, eat comfortably, and avoid the inconvenience of other popular dental restorations, such as dentures. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation with Dr. Turner and learn more about how dental implants can change your life for the better. Our compassionate team can’t wait to give you a reason to smile again!
How Do You Start Improving Your Smile?
By scheduling an appointment at Dentistry on Monroe. We are a modern dental practice in Charlotte, North Carolina with a focus on your individual needs. Our goal is to make you healthier and happier.