If you’re like some people, maybe you haven’t seen a dentist in years.
Not attending regular dental exams is a form of neglecting your dental health. When your oral health suffers, your overall health is also impacted. Understanding the benefits of regularly seeing a dentist requires understanding the value in dental services and a reliable dental team.
General Dentistry Definition
General family dentistry is the broad term used to describe proactive and reactive dental procedures used to restore and maintain dental health. General dentistry practices involve the teeth, mouth, and gums. General dentists evaluate oral health and educate patients in the proper care of teeth and gums. General dentists also diagnose and treat dental disease and issues and provide their patients with healthcare practices to support oral and general health.
The Academy of General Dentistry offers additional resources regarding general dentistry and what it entails. Our dentist adheres to all of the practices and services offered by general dentistry, including restorative dentistry and cosmetic dentistry treatments.
Why Do You Need To See A General Family Dental Practice?
It is not possible to fully and effectively monitor the health of your own mouth and develop a dental treatment plan. Tooth decay, gum disease, oral cancer, and other diseases of the mouth typically begin and progress silently.
By the time dental diseases have begun displaying symptoms, many of them have already done serious damage. Treatments at this point may be costly and time-consuming. They may also involve more pain than would have been necessary if preventive care had been engaged. We offer general dentistry in Oakhurst, Charlotte, North Carolina to support oral health and meet all general dental health needs.
Types Of Complete Dental Care Services We Provide
Dr. Turner provides a wide range of services to improve and maintain oral health and improve patients’ dental experiences. These services include all of the following:
- Dental cleanings (prophylaxis or “prophy”)
- Gum cleaning (scaling or “deep cleaning”)
- Fillings (with tooth colored “composite”)
- Dental crowns
- Porcelain veneers
- Dental implants
- Clear Aligner Orthodontics (such as Invisalign)
- Teeth whitening
- Root canals
- Preventative education
When Should You See A General Dentist?
How often you need to visit a dental office largely depends on your oral health and individual circumstances. Everyone should visit a dentist at least twice a year (or every six months) to get regular dental cleanings and exams. At these appointments, patients can be treated for additional health concerns and conditions.
People with diagnosed conditions such as gum disease and weak or damaged enamel may need to attend dental appointments with increased regularity. Speak with your dentist to determine what treatment plan looks best for you and your needs.
How Dental Health Impacts Your Overall Health
- In addition to relieving pain and giving you more confidence about your appearance, good dental health is also beneficial for your overall health.
- When you have poor dental health, you’re more at risk for heart attacks and strokes. In fact, having periodontal disease can make you 20 percent more likely to develop cardiovascular conditions. There is also a link between periodontal disease and Type 2 diabetes.
- The best way to spot oral diseases and stop them from affecting the rest of your body is to get regular dental exams from an experienced general dentist.
What’s Different About The Complete Dental Care You’ll Receive At Dentistry on Monroe
You may be asking yourself, “What makes our clinic different from the others?” At our dental practice in Oakhurst, we are proud to set ourselves apart in several important ways.
- One major difference is that here at Dentistry On Monroe, our patients are monitored consistently by Dr. Turner every time to be more conservative in our treatments. This results in many dental problems being stopped by just improving home dental care and catching issues before they progress.
- When treatments are required, we give our total attention to providing each dental service at an exceptionally high standard of quality. Doing so allows us to maintain our dental clinic’s treatment philosophy.
- Dentistry on Monroe offers some of the most updated technology for improving patient comfort and treatment quality. This includes ceiling-mounted screens, noise cancelling headphones, quiet dental equipment, and soft suction attachments that allow you to rest your jaw throughout a procedure. Sedation dentistry is also available upon request.
- We offer 3D diagnostic images that allow us to detect oral diseases earlier than most other dental practices.
- Thanks to our advanced technology for scanning teeth, we don’t have to create uncomfortable or messy “impressions” or “molds.” We’re able to use digital scanning, digital 3D modeling, and 3D printing so that our patients can help design their smile without sacrificing comfort.
Don’t wait until a dental problem progresses before getting professionally diagnosed and treated. Our dental team can provide the latest in treatment while improving your understanding of and trust in dental treatment options.